Swissport unions in Africa resolve to strengthen union network

Union representatives from the African civil aviation affiliates of the ITF discussed the common issues they face at Swissport, a major multinational ground handling company, headquartered in Switzerland. The company is a major player in the sector. It employs more than 61,000 worldwide and operates in 48 countries. The global ground handling sector is highly […]

October 12, 2016

Nigeria can achieve regional aviation hub – ICAO President (

By Chris Agabi The Council President of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), Dr. Olumuyiwa Benard Aliu, in this interview speaks on a number of issues affecting the Nigeria’s aviation industry. He revealed how Nigeria can become a West African aviation hub and how ICAO is willing to assist Nigeria to achieve that status. What […]

April 7, 2016

Aviation in Africa – Get ready for take-off

African economies are flourishing. Many vital indicators confirm this development. Most countries are at peace and HIV infections in the worst-affected countries have been declining for the last few years. Expectations are positive as well. Consumer spending is expected to double in the next ten years, and the GDP is expected to rise by an […]

September 23, 2013

Ethiopian Airlines invests in African carrier (

Ethiopian Airlines has bought 49% equity shareholding of Malawi Airlines as part of its strategy to compete with foreign carriers. The remaining 51% of the shares will be held by the Malawian Government and Malawian private investors. The new partnership with Malawi Airlines is part of ‘Ethiopian Vision 2025 strategic roadmap of setting up multiple […]

July 15, 2013